What are instant charts?
We've introduced a brand new feature, designed to help you become even better and faster at what you do by seamlessly integrating OpenAI’s ChatGPT into your workflow.
Simply ask a question and turn it into a chart, instantly.
Instant charts will auto-create charts for you with just a simple search. It’s never been easier to discover our data and get the insights you need fast. Let AI do the heavy lifting for you with instant charts.
How does it work?
- Log into the platform and ask a question
When you land in the GWI platform, you’ll be able to type any question about consumers in a free text field and generate a chart using Open AI’s ChatGPT capabilities.
- Watch your AI-generated chart appear in seconds
Instant charts will auto-create a chart for you right then and there, including the most relevant data related to the topic, location, and timeframe you have asked for.
You can then continue to edit your chart as you would normally. Edit, export, or share your chart – you have total flexibility. You can even edit your original question directly from chart view, or start a new one. It’s really that simple!
Okay. So let's see it in action.
Let’s imagine you were looking to find out “how many people in Germany watched the NFL last year by generation?”.
With the help of OpenAI, GWI will create a chart for you instantly including the five following outputs:
- Data set and attributes: we’ll scan through our data to surface the most relevant data set and the top 20 attributes relating to your topic. In this particular example, we’ll of course show you how many people are following or have watched the NFL, as well as other related data points, like who has bought an NFL game pass. This helps you to uncover additional attributes within our taxonomy that you may not have originally thought to analyze.
- Waves: We’ll automatically translate “last year” into the four relevant waves which in this instance would be for 2022. So you don’t have to worry about using jargon, AI will do the heavy lifting for you and translate any reference to time into the right wave filters. And if you don’t specify a timeframe, we’ll simply show you all the past waves available.
- Locations: Similarly, we’ll translate any reference to a world region or market into the equivalent location filter. In this example, this would be Germany. And if you don’t specify a location, we’ll simply show you global results.
- Segment: If you wish to split the results in a certain way, you can specify a breakdown. If we have that segment available, then we’ll automatically apply it to the chart. And once again, if you don’t specify a breakdown, no segmentation will be applied.
- Title: Finally, as a bonus, an AI generated chart title will also be created based on the main subject of your question. This will make it easier and faster for you to save or share your chart. The title can of course be edited if needed – we really hope you enjoy the suggested titles generated by our smart AI.
💡Pro Tip: The more descriptive and specific you make your question, the more relevant your chart will be. We encourage you to experiment with how you structure your questions so that you can get the very best out of instant charts.
Are there any known limitations to instant charts?
In this first version, instant charts can’t automatically apply an audience for you (yet!).
This means that if you asked “what are the top reasons Gen Z uses social media?”, you'll return a chart with all the related attributes to social media usage for all internet users, but not specifically Gen Z. But don’t worry! You can easily add or create an audience from your instant chart by clicking “apply an audience”. We encourage you to still ask questions that include your desired audience, as we’ll use that information to further optimise the instant chart functionality in the future.
Do instant charts work for all GWI data sets?
Does this work for all GWI user plans?
Instant charts is available to users on our Pro and Free plans. All other plans (like Dashboard Only or View Only) won’t have this feature available in their platform experience.
Why do I sometimes get an error, or unrelated data?
At times we might not be able to generate an instant chart for you. This is likely to be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Our data sets do not cover the specific topic you are interested in.
- We do not cover the specific time or location you have asked about e.g. “how many people watch Netflix in Finland?”, as Finland is a country we do not cover right now.
- You do not subscribe to the data set or market that has the most relevant data for what you have asked for and therefore, do not have the right permissions to see it.
- You have only asked about an audience e.g. “high net worth audiences in Europe”.
- Your question is too generic e.g. “latest trends on Millennials”.
💡Pro Tip: If you encounter an error, try rewording your original question in a different way. It might help us to understand what you meant a little better.
How can I ungroup the chart results?
You can simply change them from the “chart view” dropdown on the right-hand side of the chart, and switch the “group by” option from “data points” to “none (attributes)”. This will allow you to analyze the results individually, or remove any attributes you do not wish to keep in your chart.
This feature is currently in beta, which means it's still being developed. Some things might not work perfectly, but we’d love you to try it out and let us know what you think.
To provide feedback on instant charts, please take a moment to fill out this form.