Ad platforms integration updates 💡
We've made several improvements and updates to our ad platforms integration beta including:
- New beta popup
To explain that our ad platforms integration is in beta, a new pop-up is now shown to all first time users of the integration. You'll also see this when you click the beta pill at the top-left of the screen.
- Links to learn more and feedback
We've added easy links to find out more information about the integration or to provide any feedback that you may have.
- More suggested mappings, and easier-to-use interface
As requested by our users, we now suggest ten ad platform segments for each of the GWI attributes in your audience. We've also enhanced readability of the layout, and updated the ‘Facebook Ads’ tab to read ‘Meta Ads’.
- Bug fixes
We continue to identify and resolve errors encountered whilst using our ad platforms integration.
As well as clearer messaging when you log in to the ad platform with a non-ads account, we have enabled non-manager accounts in Google, and clarified steps needed if you have not authorised Google permission to our integration (simply log out and log back into Google from within GWI).
We've also increased the budget set when creating a new Meta ad set, resolving an issue seen by some users, where budget set was below the minimum for some currencies.
- Removed the option to create new ad campaigns
We have temporarily removed the option to create new campaigns from the ad platforms integration. You can still push your audiences into existing ad campaigns. If this impacts you at all, please use the feedback form to let us know.
New GWI Core wave 🚀
Our flagship data set, GWI Core, released its latest wave this month. Key updates from GWI Core Q4 2022 include:
- We revamped our sports questions to gauge how interested consumers are in big sports events, and how they follow them.
- 2 new questions on the number of business trips taken in the last 12 months - one for abroad, one for domestic.
- Loads of new responses across a huge range of questions, from TV services and shopping apps, to automotive brands and social media platforms.
Head here to learn more about GWI Core.
Monthly GWI Zeitgeist 💡
We’ve released January’s monthly Zeitgeist since our last release notes. Topics included in January’s release include:
- Cost of living, inflation and overall economic outlook for 2023
- Nostalgia in media, given the success and popularity of reboots / remakes
- How brands can best communicate price increases
Head here to learn more about GWI Zeitgeist.
New GWI Gaming wave 🎮
GWI Gaming’s latest wave was released this month. Key updates from Gaming Q4 2022 include:
- 2 new questions on the Metaverse, looking at awareness, engagement and expectations.
- 15 new gaming franchises including Farmville, Fantasy Westward Journey, and Words with Friends.
- 8 new esports leagues and competitions including League of Legends World Championship, FIFA Online 4 Star League, SK Gaming, and Team New Age.
Head here to learn more about GWI Gaming.