Taking the time to customise your question chart should be something you do once. So when you browse through your question charts in a dataset, the GWI platform ensures that everything you have customized is retained.
That means you don’t need to update your audiences, waves, locations and segments every time you want to explore a new question in the platform – meaning that finding insights across our extensive datasets is faster and easier.
You can browse your dataset and retain your selection in two ways:
- Use our the simple keyboard shortcut. On your keyboard, the left and right keys will cycle through every question in your dataset sequentially.
- Browse through the folders in your Dataset to specific questions.
- Can I save my question chart and continue browsing?
Yes, you can save your question chart and then continue to browse using the back button in the platform or your browser.
- What is retained when I browse to a new question chart?
Everything you have applied to your chart, including: audiences, waves, locations, segments, sorting and chart view. You can even view your question chart as a table, and browsing to a new question chart will open as a table.
- Do I need to save my Question Chart to retain my selection?
No, you can discard any changes and continue to browse through your dataset and your selection will be retained.
- Can I update my selection?
Yes! Any updates you want to make to your customized selection will be retained.
- When will my selection reset?
It will reset when you navigate to a question chart in a different dataset, when you leave the charts area of the platform, or when you manually reset your selection.
- How do I reset my selection manually?
The reset icon will refresh your selection to the default for your question chart without removing any of your data.
- Why does my selection reset when I change dataset?
Different datasets can have different waves and locations included in the survey, and your audiences may not be compatible with the new dataset you are browsing.
- Can I retain my selection for other types of Charts?
At the moment, your selection will only be retained for question charts.