GWI Travel is a GWI Core add-on that lets you explore the travel habits of internet users across selected Core markets.
The most important things to know about GWI Travel are that:
- It’s international
- It’s biannual
- It represents 16-64 internet users
- It can be used with GWI Core
- It’s easy to complete
GWI Travel is an international dataset, featuring markets from across the world. Details about the markets included, their annual samples as well as what's covered in the data set can be found in our coverage page.
Like all of our international data sets, GWI Travel is asked identically everywhere, letting you understand and compare audiences internationally. Surveys are shown to respondents in their local language and brand lists are localised to ensure relevance.
GWI Travel is run twice a year, in Q1 and Q3. As Travel can be quite a seasonal pastime, these quarters were chosen as the most relevant for the industry.
You can either combine these two waves for a full year perspective or take a look at a single wave to understand travellers at that time.
It represents 16-64 internet users
Most internet users in the countries featured in GWI Travel like to travel. GWI Travel therefore represents all internet users aged 16-64 - the same universe as GWI Core - with responses weighted by age, gender and education.
It can be used with GWI Core
GWI Travel respondents have all completed GWI Core (including the Brand & Media module) at some point in the last six months.
For example, respondents from Q3 of GWI Travel all completed either Q1 or Q2 of GWI Core.
This means questions can be compared across the two data sets, letting you combine the depth of GWI Travel with the breadth of GWI Core.
Compatible GWI Core questions can be in the GWI Travel taxonomy in the 'GWI Core folder'.
Not all GWI Core questions can be included as:
- Some may not have been asked in the relevant waves
- Others may have been superseded by the more detailed questions asked in GWI Travel
Also note that audiences from GWI Core will have to be recreated in GWI Travel.
It’s easy to complete
Taking part in GWI Travel is a straightforward process for our respondents because:
- It’s quick to do - completing the survey takes a respondent around 15 minutes
- It’s user friendly - GWI Travel is fielded on our own in-house survey platform, which we designed in-house with the respondent in mind
- It's mobile friendly - respondents can take part where and when suits them best