We’ve crafted our unique custom solutions to give you the exact insights you need for any audience, in any market.
Our solutions include:
- Concept development and testing
- Usage and attitude studies
- Segmentation studies
- Purchase journey mapping
- Advertising effectiveness studies
- Audience profiling
- Brand measurement and strategy studies
- Web analytics
- Audience targeting validations
Here’s how it’s done:
We turn your needs into an action plan
Step 1: Defining your objective
Every project needs a purpose, so, what’s yours? From learning more about purchase behaviours, to tracking the health of your brand, your destination is where this journey starts.
Step 2: Scoping the project
We need to figure out what kind of study will suit your needs best.
For example, say you want to go extra bespoke with your research – a custom recontact study might be just the thing. In that situation we ask a set of different questions to a sample of respondents who’ve already answered our core survey.
If that’s what you opt for, here’s what we’d need to give you an accurate proposal:
- Where to run the study (i.e. which countries)
- Who should complete it (i.e. which target audience)
- The truths you most want to know (i.e. the questions circling your head)
If you’ve got an idea about sample size, or how many questions you’d like to include, we’ll capture that too.
Step 3: Finding the right approach.
You'll work with your GWI account manager to agree the perfect length and design of your study. If it sounds like the work being carried out will be a bit more complex we’ll make sure one of our project managers is on hand to help out..)
We’ll also estimate what size sample you’re likely to get (depending on how you want to analyze/look at your data).
Step 4: Costs, timings, and deliverables
Everything comes together at this point. We’ll talk through our recommended approach, plus a few alternatives, with a breakdown of costs, timings and deliverables for all options we put forward.
The cost of your project depends on:
- Sample size
- Length of interview
- Who your target audience is (and how niche they are)
- Optional extras from the list below
Going (even) further with your analysis:
- Advanced statistical analytics techniques (e.g. factor analysis, mapping or regression modelling)
- Segmentation creation and/or integration into core data
- Qualitative research using audiences defined in your recontact study
Visuals and reporting:
- Story-led insight decks (PPT)
- White papers (PDF)
- Custom dashboards
We’ll suggest any extras we think will compliment your project.
Step 5: Approving the contract
We’ll outline the final approach in a detailed agreement and send it to you for review and sign off. Expect to see a summary of timings, sample size, target audience, and costs (basically all the key bits).
Once you sign it the work begins!
We get underway with the project
Step 1: The kickoff call
Everything starts with a kickoff call with your GWI project manager.
- The overall objective of your research (what you want to understand)
- Questions you specifically want included in the study (and how many)
- Why you’re doing the study (who stands to benefit after the learnings are applied)
- The timeline (when you need the data and deliverables by)
By the end of the call your rep should have everything they need to get drafting the survey.
Step 2: Writing the survey
If you’ve already drafted questions to include in the survey, we’ll review and optimize these. Otherwise, we’ll write the survey from scratch based on our expertise and everything you’ve shared with us so far.
Realistically, there may be some back and forth to make sure the questionnaire is fully cooked before it goes for scripting and translation. Last of all you’ll review and sign off the survey.
Step 3: Scripting and translating
When they work their magic, our scripting and translating team turn the survey from a Word document into a fully-fledged online questionnaire.
This includes all question text, answer options, and logic (the bits that tell the survey script which questions should be answered by who).
We’ll ask you to test the survey to check everything looks as it should.
Then translations start. These are always double checked by us, and we’ll send you the translated survey links so you can check too.
Step 4: The fieldwork
Before the questionnaire is fully distributed we run a soft launch.
That means we can check:
- If respondents are feeding through the study as planned
- Things are populating as they should
- Scripting errors haven’t snuck past us
Next we launch the study for real, which runs until the quotas are filled. We keep a close eye on this process to get the most accurate results possible.
Step 5: The data gets processed
When fieldwork finishes, we close the study and start processing the data.
- Removing any respondents that fail our data quality checks
- Weighting the study back to our core data to ensure it’s easy to read on the platform and sample sizes are displayed accurately
We share your data and deliverables
Step 1: We release your data
Data from every custom project is housed in the GWI platform. We’ll reach out when yours is available. We can also supply raw data in Excel or SPSS format (free of charge) if needed.
Step 2: We jump on a debrief call
We’ll set up a call to walk you through the data, explaining where to find it on our platform and how to make the best use of it.
For us, this is the really exciting part as it’s our chance to discuss the most interesting findings with you.
Step 3: We write up your report (if you’ve bought the extra)
We’ll be in touch to discuss what the report should cover. We ask you to tell us how the report will be used (and who’ll see it) so we can tailor it to meet your stakeholders’ expectations.
We take an insight-led approach to reporting, so the most interesting stories from the data take centre stage.
Report writing takes approximately 10 working days, and we’ll give you an estimate of when to expect it.
Step 4: We present your findings
Once you’ve got the report, we’re here if you need any tweaks making.
If you send all your change requests in one go, we can work super-faster and keep everything on track.
Last but not least: for a small fee, we can present the report outcomes to your team - lucky ducks!